Viaduct Krakow-Plaszow Railway Junction, Poland
Location: Krakow, Poland
252 m long crossing over the Krakow-Płaszow railway junction using the balanced cantilever method
- Extradosed bridge with hollow box cross-section
- Strong asymmetric shape of the superstructure cross-section as well as its variable width along the structural axis
- Taking into consideration tendons and anchorage points of the stay cables outside of the box girders
- Ensuring rail operations are not interrupted during construction of the crossing
Mota-Engil Central Europe S.A.
PERI Poland – Krakow Office | Kattowitz Office
Artur Salachna | Krzysztof Goliński
Foreman | Bridge Construction Manager
The PERI cantilevered construction equipment used allowed easy and quick formwork alignment as well as providing safe working conditions above the railway. With the help of the balanced cantilever carriage, extremely short concreting cycles as well as punctual realization of the project according to plan are possible. Thanks to the cooperation with PERI, the job could be realized in spite of the complicated infrastructure around the structure.
- Matching cantilever construction solution on the basis of the VARIOKIT engineering construction kit
- Customized solution through the flexible and modular adaptability of the system
- Close cooperation between the general contractor, planners and PERI engineers during the planning phase allowed optimization of the structure´s shape
- Realization of 5.70 m long concreting sections