Bridge over the Dunajec, Poland
Location: Tarnow, Poland
Construction of the 210 m long section between the seventh and tenth bridge piers in 48 casting segments using the balanced cantilever method.
- Varying single-cell hollow box cross-section of the superstructure – with uniform width – at heights of approx. 2.50 m to 6.10 m
- Continuous change in the angles between the outside of the web and the cantilevers
- Very small tolerances for the variable bridge cross-section
- 2 carriageways with 13 m widths respectively
PERI Poland Sp. z o.o., Krakau and Warsaw Branch Offices, PERI GmbH Weissenhorn
The PERI cantilevered construction solution provided us with many advantages: fast realization due to the well thought-out and easy handling as well as compliance with the required tolerances thanks to the practical formwork adjustment which allowed very accurate construction of the webs. In addition, the compatibility with PERI UP facilitated safe access means and working areas without any extra time and effort - indispensable for the execution of such a project.
- Customized planning and static calculations of the complete solutions for the superstructure on falsework as well as the cantilevered construction
- Optimally matched systems and operational sequences
- Cantilevered construction solution on the basis of the VARIOKIT engineering construction kit
- Falsework as the shoring solution for the formwork used for the box girder superstructure of the foreland bridges
- Maximum adaptability through the formwork solution consisting of girder wall formwork for the various bridge cross-sections
- Variable slab formwork positioning for adapting to the continuous angle changes between the outside of the web and the cantilevers